Posted by Arturo Bravo, Last modified by Diane Gross on 03/10/16 03:25 PM
Part Import – access to Part Import is typically a right given to System Administrators and Users allowed to import parts into the WeEstimate parts database. Most regular Users are not provided access to this area of the application.
Parts Import User Right:
**Be sure to save the file with no special characters or spaces!!**
1. For Parts/Product Import you need to create spreadsheets with the parts and products you want to import. ( Please see below for Blank Excel Template ) Most users create the spreadsheets in Excel. Please be certain to “clean up” spreadsheets by deleting colors, graphics, data columns/data not needed, blank fields and special characters that may interrupt or prevent the import of data.
2. Set column headings on each Excel to the appropriate field names WeEstimate needs in order to recognize the corresponding data and ensure it is saved into the appropriate location in the database. The table below shows the description of the column information located on your spreadsheet, what that column heading needs to be changed to (“Field Name Required by WeEstimate”) and any additional hints and notes regarding required fields for successful import or other notes. Please keep in mind that you may not use all of the column headings shown below, however, specific fields noted are required.
3. Once you file is ready to be imported, go to Tools -> Part Import (new!)
4. On the Part Import screen, go ahead and click New on the top left corner
5. You can now select whether this is a Contract pricing import or not.
6. Match each excel column with its appropriate WeSuite Column
7. Please note: for all contract pricing the field: ‘saleprice’, is required.
8. If you are only updating parts, Select “Options” on top right hand corner, and select “ update only “
9. Once all items have been reviewed: Click on ‘Import’ on top right hand corner
10. Any items with errors will not import