People Manager rights are located in:
- Tools -> System Configuration -> User Setup.
- Select the user to edit and click "Edit".
- On the right hand side, click on the "General" tab and be sure to select "People Manager"
- Then go to the top tab labels "People Manager".
- Drop down the Region and Office and select a user to edit the checkbox options for that selected user.
Here are definitions for each checkbox in People Manager:
- Approvals - Grants rights to approve jobs for selected user, assuming you belong to the approval group and have rights to approve for that approval group.
- Read-Only - Allows you to open the selected user's proposals, but not edit them. Selected user's jobs will only open as "Read-Only"
- Bin Passing - Adds selected user as an option to pass bin manager to
- Splits - Allows you to split commissions with selected user
- Managed - marks you as the selected user's manager. Effects commissions.
- Accounting Import - Grants rights for you to import jobs won by selected user to your accounting system
- Commissions - Allows you to manage commissions for selected user. Also allows you to select them on the Commissions URG
- Approval Emails - Sends you an email every time selected user submits a job for approval
- Master Override - Job Sharing removes any shared user from the approval process. This means if I share a job with my sales manager, then my sales manager would not be allowed to approve my job anymore, because I shared with him. Master Override is used to override this rule.
- Job Sharing - Allows user to right click a job and select "Share Manager"
- Summary Report Email - When selected user wins a job, you will get an email copy of the summary report for the won job.